Pilates is expensive. So are lattes. Really, how much do you spend on coffee every day? I am not saying it is not worth it, I am just saying, compare. Coffee makes you feel good, so does Pilates. Compare Pilates classes to a movie, or a glass of wine, or eating out. Okay, you can save money by not coming to Pilates. But man, you feel so good, not just through the day, but through the week when you come to Pilates. Here’s the other thing, don’t you really want to come to Pilates more than once a week? Of course you do! You get stronger more quickly and the day just melts away as you contract your abs, roll around, and laugh with your friends. And frankly, we want to see you too! It’s way more fun when you are here.
So what to do?
I have tried to keep my costs about the same as an average yoga class around Madison. Well, not if you buy a Groupon. I cannot pay the rent at $4 a person/class. Hey, but I won’t cram you in an oxygen-deprived room with 50 of your closest, sweatiest friends and then not look at you either. I will look at you. I will ask you to move your legs lower or higher. We will talk about how to support your low back while you move. You can tell me about your day, the kids, what you’re reading, I will ask you to do the hundred. Maybe twice. We will do somewhere between 10 and 30 extremely interesting, challenging exercises that move your spine in all directions and get you to breathe and flow. You will get longer, smarter, and feel better.
Some suggestions for saving money:
- Take advantage of the monthly specials.
- Buy a bigger package up-front because classes are less expensive.
- Sign up for remote classes and save dollars on gasoline and time by not commuting.
- Apply for a scholarship.
- Refer a friend, when they buy a package, you get $5 in your account.
- Suggest a barter (limited bartering opportunities).
- Suggest more free classes and donation classes.
- Every time you ride your bike, ride the bus, or carpool, you get $1 in your account.
And here is the link to the page explaining the EM Wolf Scholarship. Scholarships awarded quarterly. Next award will be in July.